Until God Knows for How Long

In the beginning, things were perfect.
We were happy.
We were loving.
We were kind to one another.
Moments of separation were slim to none and when we were apart,
it seemed like a lifetime had come and gone.
Filled with desire, we burned for each other.
Inside of us were inextinguishable flames.

Yet, as so many predicted,
our flames were soon put out.
Well, yours was at least.
Mine was still burning.
The fire in me never died because you replaced your flame with a flashing light.
At the time, I couldn't recognize the difference between an authentic and an artificial flame.
So, I didn't notice the change.

But honestly, it didn't even matter.
Because soon enough your light grew dimmer and dimmer until it was completely black.
But even that did't stop me.
I kept trying to reignite your flame with my fire.
but it was like lighting a candle in a room with no air.
Still, my flame remained in tact and burned only for you.

Until maybe, the clouds in my eyes could no longer hold in the rain and like a flood my tears took out everything in their path.
Including the fire in me that burned so bright for you and for long
-In the Life of Lyn

Until god knows for how long.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monopoli

23231001♥ <:-p

Eza gionino